Do your trees really need to be pruned?
The answer is simple - the type and condition of your trees has a dramatic impact on the appearance and safety of your property.
The recommended option of dealing with trees is to properly maintain them in accordance with acceptable tree care techniques, standards that research has proven to be the most effective over time and the most beneficial for your trees.
At ValleyCrest Tree Care Services, we recommend common pruning techniques including:
• Clearance - Elevating lower tree limbs, also known as crown raising, over walkways provides safe clearance for pedestrians. Trees located by driveways and right of ways should be elevated for increased traffic and signage visibility.
• Plant Health - Pruning trees can remove or control pests and disease in parts of the tree. In some cases, removal of diseased branches can help avoid unnecessary use of pesticides and prevent the problem from spreading to healthy parts of the tree - a good alternative when the infestation is minor and limited to a few branches.
• Protect Structures - Pruning branches away from buildings helps to reduce pest access, reduces moisture and avoids damaging friction of tree limbs against walls and windows.
• Storm Damage Mitigation - Tree pruning for selected interior tree branches allows better wind flow through the canopy; produces less resistance which reduces the possibility of branch breakage.
• Crown Reduction - Pruning can give a tree the desired size and help to control growth in limited spaces.
The total cost of properly maintained trees is much lower than one might consider because a healthy tree may not require removal/replacement or result in a hazard or liability insurance claims.
For the most part, mature trees are irreplaceable in size. Proper tree care is an investment – trees with proper health and vigor are attractive and will add increased value to your property.